NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gina Weal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 08:08:21 +1100
Dear All,
This is my 1st posting. I am enjoying being on this list very much. I have
had numerous symptoms over the years and was actually on goats milk as a
child for some years. I was then able to go back on all dairy, yeast,
processed foods etc. As i got older ( I am now 28) my symptoms have been
steadily deteriorating. I have chronic asthma, adult croup( Iam one of the
few who never grew out of this and now need to be hospitalised when I have
an attack). Sinusitis, migraines, exzcema, and planar warts on my limbs as
well as skin fungus. After being told for ages that I have a weakened
immunity and that's the reason for averything, some doctor finally said why
don't we look at your food again. Not total elimination as I am trying to
get pregnant(no success for 15 months), but a sequence of restrictive diets.
At present I am on the wheat/dairy free and have noticed a huge but not
complete improvement. Wheat challenge showed a mild worsening, but the dairy
challenge,(3glasses of milk or more a day for 3 days) I began to wheeze
approx an hour after the 1st glass! Fairly indicative I think! I also had my
1st sinus headache in 6 weeks on the 3rd day, so I daresay as the dairy
builds up over time in your system, that's why th symptoms get worse. I also
think there are some preservatives playing a part. Is there anyone else with
symptoms like this and what do yoou suggest.

Regards,
Gina, Bathurst, Australia