NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 08:47:20 -0500
At 3/1/98 03:25 PM , you wrote:
>I heard on a news program that machines are fixing to take over the job of
>actually putting the pills in the bottles.   No mistakes, that way.
AND from Reply:
>>They went to pharmacies all over the country and
>>filled two prescriptions that should not be taken together.

I have always taken the position to watch out for myself whenever I can.
In US pharmacies are *required* to have the prescription data sheets
whenever a medication is filled for the first time.  I always ask for one
if not provided, and review the major categories of info.  The medication
combination warnings are there, and is the same information that the
pharmacist would have.  Also a quick look at the side-effects, taken with a
grain of salt since *any* complaint of *anyone* in the trial is listed "to
be on the safe side" by the drug manufacturer.  There are the other
contra-indication for taking medicines that may have been overlooked by the
doctor and the pharmacist.

I still be believe that we are our own best protector of our health with
the assistance of our doctors and pharmacist.

The NC Doc
WWW Pager: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/2402199