NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rachele Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 15:01:28 -0600
>I am told that traditional Ayurvedic practises (from India) teach that most (or
>all) of the negative qualities of milk can be removed by heating it with some
>fresh ginger-root until the first boil, then immediately removing from heat
>before scalding occurs.
>
>Does anyone know whether this process would be sufficient to deactivate the
>bovine hormones?

According to Maharishi Ayur-Ved this traditional practice of boiling milk
with ginger or turmeric would not get rid of bovine growth hormone that is
added to milk and it highly recommends that all milk be rBGH-free.

The practice of boiling makes milk more easily digested and it is never
recommended to drink milk cold (very hard for the body to digest).

Rachele Shaw