NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jobs1998 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 10:34:34 EST
Yes, I get insomnia from milk. Like the previous post, I get extremely sleepy
first sometimes. I used to close my office door and go to sleep right on the
carpet, in my work clothes and with no pillow. I just couldn't stay awake. I
also got very irritable if I couldn't get to sleep. Then I'd fall asleep OK at
bedtime, but would be awake at 2 am. My only other symptoms I've noticed are
draining sinuses and a funny tast when metabolizing the milk. It's good to
know that I'm not the only one reacting with insomnia. When it happens, I
usually get up and do something productive to couter how unproductive I'll be
the next afternoon.

BTW my primary care physician diagnosed the possible milk-allergy from the
tired in the afternoon symptom. Then after getting off milk, I found out I had
been tired in the afternoon because of the insomnia. Since then, I wsa tested
to confirm the allergy. Before that, I thought I was crashing in the afternoon
because of what I'd eaten at lunch (allergy or hypoglycemia or something).
Turned out it was what I'd eaten the previous day.

Fortunately, this doesn't happen often, since I usually manage to avoid milk.
It seems that I can have exposure to a small amount of milk occasionally and
not react, then have the same thing another day and I do react. I haven't
quite figured this out yet.

Deborah, Florida
Know that you are loved by God.