NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 20:15:01 -0800
On Mon, 27 Oct 1997 23:44:53 -0600 Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

>> Since I can't have the whipped cream (my favorite
>> part), I'll just forgo the whole thing this year :-(
>
>Oh, come on now!  Try Rich's Dream Whip.  It is wonderful stuff and

Fortunately, pumpkin pie isn't that big a deal for me.  I've looked for
Rich's Dream Whip, but haven't found any around here.  Maybe I'll try the
800#.  I'll just make sure the apple pie is made with margarine and not
butter and keep that for myself :-)

I've spent (read: wasted) a lot of money looking for substitutes for
things I'm used to eating.  So far, there have been very few that measure
up to 30+ years of comfort foods.  I really don't care for tofu in any
way, shape, or form.  Since this is a temporary stint for me, I've found
that it's better to just live without certain things for now.
Eventually, I might have to find more acceptable substitutes for my
daughter, but we'll cross that later.  For now she doesn't know what
whipped cream is anyway.  She does like Tofutti frozen dessert with apple
pie though :-)

Kathy