NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laurie Carson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 08:55:37 -0600

> Date:    Thu, 16 Oct 1997 11:16:04 -0400
> From:    Paula Clark <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Halloween : learn from my mistake -egg
>
> Yesterday, I picked up a bag of candy corn and read it contained eggs.  It
> brought back memories of my son getting candy corn with egg in it 4 years
> ago.   At the time of the reaction I was surprised to learn there was egg in
> it (the flap of the package covered up the "egg" and I missed it.   Just
> thought I would share my big mistake so everyone is on alert.  Now we read
> all  ingredients 2 - 3 X.   Notices other candy had soy in it too.

Me, too, and since candy corn is one of my favorite seasonal treats, I've
found that Brach's does NOT have egg in it.  Most of the other brands do.
I have not called the company to verify this, but it's not listed on the
package, and Alyssa doesn't react to it.

It's one more thing that is OK for Alyssa IF and ONLY IF I bring it (to school,
parties, etc).  Candy corn in general is NOT safe for her.  Just like most
things that have hidden dairy... but few suspect candy corn has egg whites!

Laurie