NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Angela Alvarez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 09:53:42 +0100
Hello everybody,

I have a 16 month old anaphilactic to cow's milk son who
tested positive to IgE to casein and whey
at 4 and 8 months. I breastfed him for 6 months, then I put him in
a milk-free soy-free formula and he has been on it ever since. It is
paid by the Spanish Social Security and therefore we need to "prove"
now and then that he is still allergic to milk (here they very much
believe that it is something you just grow out). Anyway, we have just
done the blood test recently and it came out negative. Now they want
to challenge him with milk at the hospital to see if the allergy has
gone or not. What do you think? I don't want to challenge him even if
it means that I cannot feed him the formula any longer. Isn't it a very
risky thing to do? Do you think it is likely that he has truly outgrown
his anaphilaxys?

Angela