NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 21:24:51 +0000
Comments:
Authenticated sender is <[log in to unmask]>
Date:          Fri, 11 Apr 1997 08:41:16 -0400
From:          "Dale Robin & J.T. Lockman" <[log in to unmask]>

Thank you to Robyn for the best and most succinct and clear explanation
of Kashrut I have ever heard...even from Rabbis and friends who are
orthodox Jews!  Of particular help to me is understanding the
significance (or lack of) of the plain K.  I have seen foods with this
""K" that contian whey, and I was confused about this.

I am planning my Passover shopping with my two year old
milk allergic son in mind.  I loved someone's posting about spending
$116. on macaroons!!

Does anyone know of a macaroon brand or variety that also does not have
nuts?  My older son is anaphylactic to nuts (coconut is OK), so I would
like to find a macaroon that they can both enjoy.

One note about macaroons...they have soooo much coconut, that their
naughty fat content is really high.  Eaters beware!!  I try to limit
macaroon consumption, or else after Passover, I can feel the blood
struggling to pass through my veins!!!

Much of the Passover candies are parve, even some of the chocolate,
which is bittersweet.  But again beware...some of the baked goods and
cake mixes substitute are made with substitutes for the leaven and also
the dairy (to make them parve) that are less than healthy.

However, it is a good time to stock up on matzoh meal, which is an OK
substitute for bread crumbs in cooking.