NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Angela Alvarez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 12:36:05 +0100
At 19:42 9/04/97 -0400, Paula Clark wrote:

>This seems really odd to me.  I have never heard of someone being allergist
>to betalactoglobuline.  I have 2 children with dairy allergies(and have been
>dealing with it for the past 8 years).   Usually individuals are allergic to
>all milk proteins.  And I agree with a previously posted email, that how can
>you trust different proteins can be separated?  Maybe you should talk to your
>board certified allergist about this further.

Of course you can separate proteins and know which ones you have a reaction
to. It is a laboratory procedure where they test for antibodies to each
of this proteins in your blood. My son tested allergic to the three of
them (lactoalbumin, casein and betalactoglobuline) but you can be
only allergic to one of them (and it is the most common case) being
casein the most frequent.

Angela