NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:12:10 -0500
"Peter G. Tallas" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I was amazed to find a milk product (hydrolyzed casein) in some brands of
>canned tuna fish.
>
>Does anyone know the brands that don't have hydrolyzed casien in them?

Starkist has one called Naturally Low Sodium Low Fat. It comes in both
Chunk Light and Chunk White. Bumble Bee also has the equivalent, albeit a
bit more expensive. They are difficult to find and your best bet is a large
store.

>And, would the hydrolyzed casein be just as allergenic as the whole casein
>molecule?

Hydrolyzed casein (or hydrolyzed anything) always contains MSG. There is no
reason to consume a drug that excites your brain, tricking it to make you
think food tastes better, when there are MSG-free alternatives.

Don.