NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Daniel Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 08:24:28 -0800
Michele Townsend wrote: ... Please, I'd appreciate anyones opinion.  We
are trying to
> find a cause for her IBS, and since she had been unable to tolerate milk
> since she was born, I feel that this may still be her problem.

In my opinion, based on my experience and observations, the only accurate
test is provocative testing. Others agree. I've seen plenty of RAST
tests (and others) that were negative for milk, but patients had
undenialble reactions to milk. The goal is to eliminate symptoms, not to
convince scientists and doctors. Start at the top, and eliminate until
the IBS is gone----milk, wheat, corn, soy, etc., based of course on a
diet history. Use a diet diary.

DT