NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kyra Geuting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 17:34:49 -0800
> I was just wondering if our listmates in other countries have the same
> problems with labeling?

When I lived in Germany lactose Intolerance was unheard of.  We tried to
get lactase enzymes (Lactaid type) from the local pharmacy, but they didn't
have it in Germany.  We had to order it from a supplier in the Netherlands,
very expensive and it took weeks to get, not worth it.  Food labeling was
much clearer, I just read ingredient lists and didn't eat many processed
foods.  There is very few non-dairy alternatives.  I had a choice of 2
types of soymilk, no almond or rice milk.

Kyra