From:
NICKI HUMPHRIES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 11:50:55 EST

Legislation has been introduced in Maryland which would require
health insurance policies to cover bone density testing for patients
with certain diagnoses.  Celiac is not one of those diagnoses listed.
I would like to request the sponsor of the legislation to add celiac
disease.   However, I do not have a cite to a good medical article
(e.g., New England Journal, JAMA) or book on this point.  The
Gluten Free Living Article published recently has no cites to any
studies or other backup.  Can anyone refer to me some?
nicki humphries
university of maryland medical system
baltimore, md.
FAX 410-328-8664