From:
"Victor J. Samuel Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 23:36:26 -0500

Folks- I realize those of us who use this list come from all different
backgrounds, philosophies and organizations. The national Celiac/Sprue
Association/USA does not approve Quinoa and Amaranth flours. They are
very conservative and I believe the reasoning used is that there is not
enough information available for them to accept it as safe.
        Someone earlier had questioned the mixed signals about these
flours in recipes on the list. I know some other Celiac organizations
do accept them, so everyone has to make the decision for themselves
as what is best for them. Again, a frequent suggestion has been; when in
doubt, don't take a chance.    Lynn in Omaha