From:
"Ruth E. Pope" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 10:53:51 -0600

I don't know if any of you are familiar with or read For Women First
Magazine, but last month there was a "Doctor on Call" column about a
patient who went to her doctor complaining of an upset stomach, weight
loss, diahrrea, etc (you know the symptoms).  Doctor did a blood test and
diagnosed her as "gluten intollerant".  The doctor then told her to just
eliminate wheat, barley and rye from her diet and she'd be fine!!!

I have written First Magazine to tell them thanks for the article, because
it may lead readers to figuring out what is wrong with their stomachs (as
it did me), but to also give them more information about CD and the GF
Diet.  I basically requested that they do some research and an article on
CD to increase awareness of this disease.

I think if more of us were to write to the magazine and request that this
be done we might get a good response.  This magazine is very reader
oriented.

First Magazine
270 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ  07632

If I hear back from then, I will post the info.

Ruth Pope