From:
Mike McCollister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:52:48 UT

Sorry this took so long, but replies are still coming in for my question on
where to get rice flakes in the USA to try to substitute for oatmeal cookies.
Bottom line is:  try the local Oriental store, or one person actually had them
at her health food store.  But everyone who has tried making these cookies say
they didn't turn out very good.  They use buckwheat flakes instead.  One
person uses soy protein.  Then there is the ever-popular Bette Hagman recipes
substituting almonds.  These are in her 2nd and 3rd books.

Isn't it funny that, of all the foods we CAN have, we still want what we CAN'T
have?

Thanks to all for your responses.

Debbie McCollister
"Man shall not live by bread alone."