From:
John R Faulconer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 18:30:21 EDT

Lissy and list members:

I feel that improving these diet sheets that some nutririonists and
doctors use is an excellent idea.  At diagnosis, my GI doctor gave me a
one page listing of foods that was pitiful.  It was based on the premise
that one cannot avoid all gluten so don't worry about it.  It allowed and
recommended foods including Rice Krispies, Rice Chex etc....

Luckily I found out about the CSA/USA group and began to modify my diet
from what I learned from those good folks.  Now that I have discovered
this list, I'm have to modify again (but only a specific food brand here
or there).

It's difficult to go entirely GF.  But, for me and probably many others
out there, the difficult part is not giving up specific foods, but
finding the correct information to go GF!! (That's not to say I don't
miss pizza, bagels, etc....) So, I think that it's be a great idea to
improve these sheets.  How to go about that is another story.

Lynn
Ohio