From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 97 15:37:46 EST

Craig Marian <[log in to unmask]> asked:

>1. I would like to contact a Dr F.C. Dohan re gluten-schizphrenia link.
>     Can anyone tell me how or where?

Dr. Dohan has passed away. His work has been picked up by Dr. Kalle
Reichelt. For a collection of Net articles by Dr. Reichelt see:

  http://www.panix.com/~donwiss/reichelt.html

Here's a story on his death (from article 10 on the web page):

"'The day before he died, we got a paper from a scientist in Norway,
_Evidence and Arguments for Schizophrenia as a Dietary Disease_ and it was
the last thing I read to him' said his wife Marie. That night, she got as
far as Page 5. He died the following morning." (Philadelphia Inquirer, Nov
14, 1991).

The paper, of course, was written by Dr. Reichelt. It has since been renamed
to "Can schizophrenia be reasonably explained by Dohan's hypothesis on
genetic interaction with a dietary peptide overload?" and was only published
in the past year. I do not have the reference, but Dr. Reichelt can be
reached at Kalle Reichelt <K.L. [log in to unmask]>.

Don Wiss.
Brooklyn, NY