Date:
Thu, 7 May 1998 13:36:16 EDT

We found the most wonderful GF cheesecake at our new neighborhood grocer Tom
Thumb in McKinney, TX.  I spoke with the pastry chef, Kristen who also happens
to be on a grain restricted diet herself and knew about CD. The cheesecakes
are crustless, and made from scratch.  She even found an butter cream icing
that she could do from scratch.  She made up a three layer cheesecake for my
daughter's third birthday.  It was absolutely beautiful with icing blossoms
and berries.  Though my daughter is the only celiac among us, we all enjoyed
it, with not a smudge left.  She was so pleased to find a "special" cake we
all like. That's how she asks if she can have things, "is it special?"
Definitely!  And at local grocery store prices too!

Tom Thumb has a site at:  www.randalls.com

Kristin