From:
Kirsten Klinghammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 14:20:18 -0700

    I thought I would pass along a recommendation
for a particularly tasty pudding line.  I've only
had Kozy Shack's tapioca and rice puddings, but
they're both very tasty and gluten- and corn-free
(judging by the list of ingredients; I don't react
to them either).  I have not contacted the company
to verify gluten-free status, but everything seems
fine to me (the more cautious may want to contact
them at their web site, address listed below).

    The ingredients of their tapioca pudding (which
I just finished - mmm...mmm...) are as follows:

    Milk, sugar, tapioca, modified tapioca starch,
pure vanilla, salt, carrageenan, and annatto

    They apparently have several other pudding
flavors besides the tapioca and rice that I've found.
I checked out their web site (http://www.kozyshack.com),
and they list also listed chocolate, french vanilla,
banana, and flan.  I have no idea what the ingredients
of these are as I've haven't found them locally yet.
BTW, the web site also tells you which supermarket
chains in which states carry their products.

    Anyway, I recalled a few questions on which puddings
are "safe" lately, so I thought I pass along a recommend-
ation for some of my favorites.  Enjoy!

                 Kirsten Klinghammer

                 Orangevale, CA