From:
Tom Hyde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 22:27:08 -0400

About a month ago I queried everyone for gf suggestion for someone that was
going on a long (weeks) bicycle ride.  By the way, my plan - Key West to
Ct. - is still alive.  I got many suggestions.  Since I will *not* be
camping, any such related suggestions were of no help to me and I ignored.

Here are the rest.  I am not endorsing, just reporting.
MacDonalds frys
Taco Bell - Toastadoes & refied beans
restaraunts - eggs & hash browns
soda
fruits - dried & fresh
bananas
gorp - Good ol' raisins & peanuts - strongly recommended
candy
Breakfast: instant grits fortified with walnuts, brown sugar, and raisins.
eating out eggs and home fries, and grits if in the south.
cheese
potato chips
rice bars
butter finger candy bars
peanut butter
Dannon Yogurt
hot dogs - Despite all the crap in them, Hot dogs generally seem to be
gluten free.
lunch meats

From a frequent marathon runner
Bag the carbos. They're only a cheap high. Protein and potassium are now
the  way to go. Bananas, Bananas again, Figs, Dates, raisins, prunes, Bean
paste.   Beef or venison jerky. Small can of sardines or anchovies. Lots of
water or fruit juices.

     Omega-Bars
       by Omega-Life Inc.
              PO Box 208