From:
"Tami L. Powell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 00:24:42 -0500

I heartily agree with Bob Levy. I'd rather see a little restraint and maybe
some discreet inquiries. Otherwise we just look like 1900 crackpots (no
offense intended... :) really!). It may be possible that the President has
CD, but not probable. CD does need publicity, but I'm not sure that
flooding the President with "we-need-a-national-spokesperson" mail is the
way to get it.

Let's confirm the source of this "report" (is this how internet rumors get
started???); then we can think about contacting the President's physicians.
I'd rather see something more substantial before we think about going to
the Washington Post; at this point I think we'd be better served by the
National Enquirer (can't you see the headlines? "1900 Sources Confirm
President is Dying of Rare Disease!....Big Macs are to Blame!").

Again, no personal offense is intended (I have a warped sense of humor);
and I do agree that it would be nice to have a national spokesperson,
especially a powerful and visible one. Let's just not go off half-cocked.

Tami
Tami Powell
Michigan State University