Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 97 15:37:46 EST

Thanks to all for your suppost, suggestions and feedback on the topic of
sleep disturbance. Just wanted to report that last night, I followed the
clinics advise. Stopped drinking and eating by 8:00pm. Unwound for about an
hour before I got myself into bed, turned my clock to face the back wall and
forced myself to not get out of bed when I awoke and would have normally
arisen to go to the bathroom. I only did so once, acutally closer to morning
and although I didn't feel some miraculous difference yet, I see how these
suggestions could actually make a difference if done on a continual basis.
I'll post an update in a few weeks when I see if my daytimne energy or
sleepiness level has changed at all.

Also, as a side note, I forgot to mention that while in the hospital my two
gf meals consisted of:

Breakfast- Two boxes of cereal- rice krispies and corn flakes - close but no
cigar (both had malt)

Lunch- said gluten free on the tag (and in parenthesis said "no cheese"- so I
got pasta with chicken cutlet in it :(

Fortunately I had brought a supply of my own "safe food" that I had stored in
the frig for my visit. In the next week or so, I'll send an informative
package over to the hopital food supply department or nutritional center- Who
knows if it will do any good- but I would feel too guilty letting this one
slip by. Remember, you can't put your well being in the hands of others
because too many out there just don't know and it is up to each and everyone
of us to help change that- for the benefit of those living with CD and DH or
those who have yet to be diagnosed. It's easy to just say forget it, they'll
never learn, but with our help and guidance- there may just be a chance!

P.S. I have a friend who was just daignosed with Fibro malasia (I'm sure that
is not the correct spelling, but I don't have a medical spell check. Any info
you can forward to my PRIVATE e-mail [log in to unmask] would be greatly
appreciated.

Best Regards,
Leslie-NYC