From:
Sarah Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 21:56:08 -0500

I called the Hormel Consumer product Line today:  1/899/523-4635, about a
gluten-free product list.  No Hormel does not have one however they are very
thorough in the description of ingredients.

Specifically I asked about Hormel Chunky Chili w/ Beans.  The representative
responded that if the Chili is with Beans then it is GLUTEN FREE.  If it is
WITHOUT  BEANS it is NOT GLUTEN FREE, as it has oats in it.  She said that
the ingredients list will say this.

I then asked about modified food starch.  Her response:  no matter what the
label says, Hormel ONLY USES CORNI STARCH.  Hope this helps w/ quick dinners.