From:
Tami L Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 14:48:26 -0500

Hey everybody.

I have been buying ready-to-eat Jello pudding cups for my celiac son for four
years. I went to the store yesterday & YIKES! The ingredients now list modified
food starch! I thought maybe I'd been neglectful in checking the ingredients
lately & rushed home & dug through the trash for the last package. No, the
package I bought a week ago says modified CORN starch.

I called Kraft's Customer Response Line, and they were very nice. However, they
refuse to say what the origin of the modified food starch is and whether it
will ever change back to corn. How frustrating!

Pudding is one of my son's favorite snacks/treats. I've tried homemade &
GF cook-and-serve, but somehow the consistency never comes out right & he won't
eat them. Does anyone know of a gluten-free brand of ready-to-eat pudding?

Thanks, from another victim of corporate cost-cutting,

Tami  :<

Tami Powell