From:
"Donald D. Kasarda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 17:35:03 PDT

Comments from Joyce Miller

>        I agree with that statement but Sapporo is not made from barley
>or wheat, It is made in Japan and is made from rice.

Reply by Don Kasarda, Albany, CA

Because I have tried Sapporo beer from time-to-time and it sure tasted like
a barley-based beer to me, I searched for Sapporo on Excite and, although
the web connections were not working for the many Sapporo sites listed, the
information listed in regard to one site included the following comment from
Sapporo:

<Sapporo uses only top quality ingredients in producing our beers: primary
ingredients (barley, hops, yeast); subingredients (rice, cornstarch, and
purified water.>