From:
Susan Duchesneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 09:05:29 -0400

  My daughter, Lily, was diagnosed with CD via biopsy when she was 18 months
old.  She has been on a GF diet ever since with REMARKABLE results.  She is
2 1/2 now and just had her first bout of CD since she went on the GF diet.
I cannot determine what triggered the episode.  Several new items have been
introduced to her lately such as tempra paint, sidewalk chalk, glue, CRAYOLA
crayons, shaving cream, and CREST toothpaste.  Can anyone tell me whether
these items are typically gluten free?
  My husband and I are not on a GF diet.  Recently, Lily has asked for bites
of our food.  I want to make sure I handle this in the right way for her
emotional well being.  I've been telling her that she has a very special
tummy and some foods will make her tummy hurt.  Any suggestions here?  I
want to make sure that she has a healthly attitude towards food (GF, of
course) and eating.
  Any other suggestions, things to watch out for, etc for parents of
children with CD are greatly appreciated!
  Susan

 Susan Duchesneau                       PHONE: (919) 677-8000 ext 6243
 Sales & Marketing                        FAX: (919) 677-4444
 SAS Institute                          EMAIL:  [log in to unmask]
 SAS Campus Drive
 Cary, NC  27513