From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask] 9706C 1320 21 18_request for advice13_Sandy [log in to unmask], 19 Jun 1997 03:53:35 -0400600_- <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>

Hi all
I have a skin condition my doctor has diagnosed as 'severe atopic eczema'.
Basically i have an itchy red rash over most of my body, which responds to
cortisone creams, but as soon as i stop using them, my knowledge that their products are GF. I haven't gotten any response yet
about this product. Has anyone tried it or does anyone have any
information about it, good or bad? Is there any other product available
that is GF similar to Cheez Whiz that anyone knows of? Thanks!!38_7Mar199713:40:[log in to unmask] 9703A 3212 11 33_SE Michigan Support Group Meeting16_MARY C [log in to unmask], 7 Mar 1997 18:50:54 EST444_- <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>

Tri-County Celiac Sprue Support Group will hold its meeting Monday, March
10th at 7p.m. at Southfield Presbyterian Church, 21575 W. 10 mile Rd.,
Southfield MI (1/4 mile east of Lahser -- park in back) Will have a
salad, bread and dessert pot luck. Also featuring travel tips. Any
further information, call Mary Guerriero 313 274-923234_7Mar199718:50:[log in to unmask] 9703A 3224 16 18_GF-Communion [log in to unmask], 7 Mar 1997 23:22:35 -0800512_- <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>

Dear Friends,

A personal thank you to all those who took the time to write me about
options in receiving the communion host. Some people mentioned receiving
the wine (GF) which I will do for now. There is the option of using
low-gluten communion wafers. I have not given up on this research. If I
missed anyone, I apologize. Should I find anything positive on this I
will let you know. [...]35_7Mar199723:22:[log in to unmask] 9703A 3241 26 32_Re: Bob's Red Mill and GF Pantry9_Blau [log in to unmask], 7 Mar 1997 21:14:02 -0600649_- <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>

Bob's Red Mill:

Definite cross-contamination. They grind everything on the same mill,
so unless they completely separate their gluten/GF grains, this is an
ongoing problem. On their rice flour, (and maybe the cornmeal?) they
use the first batch of ground grains for livestock feed, so the gluten
concentration isn't as high in those products as in their amaranth
flour, etc. But its still there! So find a source you can trust...
[Thanks to the many respondents that answered this same question
for me a while back!] [...]44_7Mar199721:14:[log in to unmask] 9703A 3268 7 10_Mail [log in to unmask], 7 Mar 1997 22:38:34 -0500164_- <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>

Does anybody can tell me where to order Bette Hagman's flour mix?35_7Mar199722:38:[log in to unmask] 9703A 3276 55 17_summary of [log in to unmask], 7 Mar 1997 22:44:13 -0500420_- <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>

Dear listmemembers,

I'm sorry this took so long, but being an AOL subscriber, I had some trouble
retrieving mail......

Here is a summary of rsuggestions I received about being itchy- due to DH ,
eczema, or other conditions when one cannot or will not take Dapsone, or it
is not yet working... [...]36_7Mar199722:44:[log in to unmask] 9703A 3332 22 14_Re: Mail Order13_Michael [log in to unmask], 8 Mar 1997 04:06:58 GMT456_- <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>

> Does anybody can tell me where to order Bette Hagman's flour mix?

Ener-G Foods in Seattle carries her mixes. Th
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 16:49:13 -0600

HI!  At my recent Celiac support group a lady, who also is diabetic, showed
the group a card that her doctor gave her 10 years ago after diagnosis.  It
is a small card for the wallet entitled "Special Diet Exemption Card".  Her
doctor told her to use it when she went to places that would not allow her
to bring food in - like baseball stadiums, movie theatres, amusement parks,
etc.  Those places that don't want you to bring your own food in because
they want you to buy their food.  This card needs a doctor's signature in
order to be valid. The back of the card explains that the card carrier is
exempted by the Commissioner of Health from having to follow the rules in
order to be able to bring in their own "safe" food.  I think this is
something that would be very helpful for those of us with Celiac Sprue.  I
have been asked to bring my cooler back to my car when going to a local
amusement park.  The rest of the family would like to eat inside the park
but we end up having to eat out in the parking lot so I can eat my lunch
with them.  I called the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, and they are looking
to see if they can find me some cards like that to distribute to the group.
Does anyone on this list know of such a card - and how to obtain them?
Thank you,  Kathy in Minnesota