Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 20:10:53 -0500

I've recently had two friends praising the eating habits promoted in a book
called Enter The Zone by Dr. Sears.   They claim that they've been losing
lots of weight, feeling better, etc.   At their urging, I read the book, and
was interested to see that by eating gluten free, I am almost completely
following the directions in the book.  The author claims that our genetic
code has not changed in 100,000 years, and that our ancestors did not have
available the huge amounts of grain products and carbohydrate--containing
products  that are now the mainstay of the modern low-fat diet.   He claims
that one of the worst things we can do to ourselves is to eat a big bowl of
pasta----that our systems are just not designed to take such food.
 Interesting.

Jim