Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 10:18:15 -0500
From:
M & J Dahlgren <[log in to unmask]>

Jerry,
You need to stay on the diet even though the biopsy was negative because
the villi start healing within 3-6 DAYS of being on a GF diet.  My biopsy
was neg. also so the doc told me to do a gluten challenge.  The absolute
worst thing to have to do!  I was only 102 pounds at that point after
being so ill from CD.  Please don't put yourself through a self-induced
gluten challenge, especially if you were really ill before going GF.  If
you feel better after being GF for a while, try just some gluten-full
bread one day and see if it gives you any adverse effects.  Remember, it
can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days or even a week to feel
effects, mine always take 36-48 hours.  I hope you consider this before
going off the GF diet.  Prolonged inflammation of the gastrointestinal
tract can cause Lymphoma and this is one thing celiacs are trying to
avoid.   Good Luck.
Jen