CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:34:32 -0500

>Hi, I just joined the listserve 2 weeks ago when my 21 month old
>daughter was diagnosed with celiac.

I have two children with CD and I too was using Flinstone vitamins for quite
some time without any problems, at least not any outward symptoms.  But when
I called the company to verify the gf status they informed me that the
ingredients they put into the vitamin are "yes" gluten free but they cannot
verify the status of the raw materials, which make up the non medicinal part
of the vitamin.  Therefore it's best to stay away from the Flinstone
vitamins since the raw materials may not always be gluten free and you would
have to check with the manufacturer each time you purchased a bottle which
I'm sure is something you really don't have time for, considering all the
other things you have to do to keep your child gluten free (wow major run-on
sentence there...)

I currently use Jamiesons children's multivitamin.  It is gluten free, says
so on the bottle :)  My kids love 'em.

Happy gluten freeness
Chris from Ontario