PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Karen Conner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 12:26:24 -0600
Several persons expressed concerns either via the listserv or in private
emails as to my discussing patient-specific clinical material on the net.  I
acknowledge the risks involved, and appreciate the feedback.  I did disguise
aspects of the patient in an attempt to preserve confidentiality, but the
point is well-taken.  I'm not sure how to address the problem of wanting
clinical discussion on the net without being able to talk about specific
clients/patients.  What do you all think?  What do our various ethical codes
dictate or imply regarding this problem?  How secure is this particular
listserv--it should be more secure in the sense that not everyone is able to
join, or is this the case?

As for your other interesting comments regarding the clinical material I
offered, I will get back to each of you later, when I have a little more
time to think and email.

Karen Conner, Ph.D.
Illinois State University