NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 21:48:24 +0100
>Hi there,
>
> Sorry to talk out of turn....haha. We have Rice Dream in all of our grocery
>stores that I have seen in S/E Ontario, but it is on the bottom of the
>shelves so it is hard to spot. My question is, I have always been told that
>Rice Dream has basically no nutritional value at all. That its just
>something to put on cereal instead of milk, but does absolutely no good. The
>nutritionist that told me this also tried to put my severly milk allergic
>son on Carnation Good Start when he was a baby so I dont put much faith in
>anything she told me after that. But I would appreciate a response if anyone
>knows otherwise. Thanks
>

>Keep the Faith ;-)
>
>Rita

Hi there

According to the nutritional info from the UK company that distribute Rice
Dream the following information may be useful all values are per 100ml

Energy                  217KJ/51Kcal
Protein                   0.2g
Carbohydrate          10.6g
  of which:
               sugars       4.7g

Fat
of which:
             saturates       0.1g
        Mono-saturates   0.6g
        polyunsaturates  0.1g
        Cholestrol           NIL
Dietary Fibre               NIL
Sodium                      39.1mg
Potassium                    5.5mg
Calcium                       8.4mg (naturally present no extra calcium added)
Phosphorus                 24mg

I know it doesn't sound that healthy and nutrious but it keeps my daughter
and wife going (along with soya and goat's milk) so it can't be all bad.

Alan
UK's only site for the Lactose Intolerant try....
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/avenue/yd71/index.htm