NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Carper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 20:54:50 -0500
Message text written by "Warren F. Seltzer"
>I don't think there are any foods labeled PARVE that do not also claim to
be Kosher. <

Not true.  Many national brands can be found which label their products as
parve, but do not go through the trouble and expense of having them
certified as Kosher.

And just to emphasize it, since so many people posted messages that were
misleading.  Parve is NOT the same as kosher.
Cool Whip does NOT state that it is parve.  It is labeled KD, which I
assume to be Kosher Dairy.  Like Cool Whip, there are many Kosher dairy
products are they are NOT parve.  And, of course, many parve products are
NOT certified as kosher.  It is true, however, that any certified kosher
product that contains meat will therefore be completely dairy free.
Please, try to get this straight.  This misinformation gets posted time and
again, it is written into books and articles, it is passed along by word of
mouth.  I have been fighting this one for years, and it is disheartening to
see it still so prevalent, especially here.

Steve Carper
author of Milk Is Not for Every Body: Living with Lactose Intolerance
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stevecarper