NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa Francoeur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 08:19:05 EDT
Katie,

thank you.  Hunter got his tubes in on June 30.  We did it mainly becasue he
still had lots of fluid in the ear and we were hoping that by putting in the
tubes they would atleast drain.  He goes in for a recheck on Monday July 14. I
was thinking about asking to have an allergy test done, but after your post I
am certain that I will ask for one.

Hunter is nursed so I have been trying to go milk free.  I did have some milk
product on June 24 and 26.  On the 26, he started to have a rattle in his
throat.  He was coughing badly by the 29th.  It was not in his lungs so we did
the surgery.  His nose started to run.  It has been that way since.  Now on
July 10, his ears are draining with a greenish sticky discharge.  I do know
that my diet had a little dairy on occassion--the hidden dairy in food like on
the few occassions that I have gone out to lunch and had a sandwich.

SInce your daughter did something similar, I am going to request the blood
test.  It might be a bit tramatic--mostly for me :(, but if it can prevent
antibiotics it will be best.

lisa  francoeur