NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tammy Glaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 06:48:09 -0500
>My son has not had any diagnosis from an MD, yet. I just realized recently
>that there was any kind of trend or consistent symptomology. I called it
>IBS before I realized that there might be a food allergy. I am also on the
>CELIAC list, as well as the yeast-l...My son has his checkup next month,
>and I expect to be prepared! After corresponding with people on all these
>lists, I think yeast is more of a culprit than wheat or dairy (both of
>which he can eat in some quantity, but yeast seems to be the common
>denominator of things that give him trouble). I agree with you about IBS
>being the result of something else!

Anne, some people who react to yeast have Candida.  Does your son have a
history of antibiotics use?  Of course, most doctors believe only terminally
ill people can get Candida so you'll have a battle on your hand no matter
what!  BUT, the good news is that, if you have difficulty finding an
open-minded doctor, many things can be done on your own after you've
carefully researched what needs to be done.

Tammy G.

"A parent's love perceives no limitations."