NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 00:37:01 -0400
On Sat, 21 Jun 1997, Susan Martin wrote:

> While I don't doubt this was true for this specific individual, I am extremely
> worried that this could become true for my 21 month old who is allergic to
> almost all foods known to man: all grains, all beans, all nuts, all dairy,
> soy, corn, potatoes, avocados, all seeds-- basically he eats meat and fruit.
> I have been reassured by many parents and doctors that he will outgrow MOST of
> these (oh yeah, eggs too) , although maybe not nuts.  Does anyone know of

My younger brother started out like this and it actually delayed his
development by several years.  This was back when allergy treatment was
considered highly experimental, and all the "non-crazy" doctors had pretty
much given up on him.  I don't know how, but my mother found a pediatric
gastroenterologist working on allergy treatment at the University of Miami
medical school, and he probably saved my brother.

I started out not knowing I had allergies and only after he started being
treated did I get tested for a few things.  Eventually, he outgrew nearly
all of his food allergies, and mine to milk got much worse.  He's now the
tallest in the family (a little more than 6 feet) and by far the most
muscular.  I don't think there's anything in particular he totally avoids
any more.

 Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |
________Finger [log in to unmask] for PGP public key_______