NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Kontos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 23:02:38 -0500
I picked up a brochure from Arby's this afternoon which detailed the
ingredients for all the foods on their menu.  It's called the "Comprehensive
Guide to Quality Ingredients" and is very well written.  To their credit, it
even has a few paragraphs discussing sensitivities or allergies some people
may have to particular ingredients, including sensitivity to milk products.

I noticed that a number of menu items I like to eat contain Lactic Acid
and/or Whey.  My question is, is lactic acid a dairy product?  If so, is it a
source of lactose?  And what about whey -- is it a source of lactose?

It is interesting to note that just for the fun of it, I asked the manager at
Arby's if any of their french fries or buns contain dairy products.  He
responded with an emphatic "NO", but the Arby's  brochure clearly states
otherwise.  Caveat emptor, I guess.  :-)

George Kontos