NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gina Weal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 15:45:02 +1100
Hi everyone,
Not long ago I bought a book called Recipes to the Rescue.350 recipes for
the those with allergies and food intolerances.It is written by women with
allergies who also have children with allergies. It provides not only
recipes, but menu plans, substitute foods, party foods, school lunches and a
section for dinner parties. All recipes avoid dairy, wheat and most avoid
yeast, soy, corn, sugar, eggs, orange and nightshade. I have tried some of
the recipes and have found them very good.There are no red meat recipes,
only chicken, fish, and vegetarian for main meals. The full name is:
                     Recipes to the Rescue
        350 recipes for those with allergies and food intolerances
         By  Jann Bonner  Lindy Kingsmill  Suzanne Morrow
Published by Viking, Penguin Books Australia Ltd. The Australian address is
487 Maroondah Highway, PO Box 257
Ringwood, Victoria 3134, Australia
There are also addresses for USA, Canada, Engaland, New Zealand. But as it
is an Australian publication I guess you need to contact them, or ring your
local Penguin publisher and enquire. For Australian people, I found mine at
Angus and Robertson bookstores. If you want more details I can try and find
them out for you.

BTW, I just substitute non dairy margerine, and a mix of rice, maize and soy
flour when making biscuits and they are YUMMY!!!

Regards,
Gina, Bathurst, Australia