NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 10:06:24 -0500
Robert Cohen wrote:

> Dear Ilya,
>
> A lot of questions and just one answer.
>
>ELIMINATE ALL MILK AND DAIRY PRODUCTS FROM YOUR DIET!!!

I am trying to find out if I should and why.

> Milk is poison.  Doctors have no clue as to what causes heart disease...

I believe it is hyperinsulinism resulting from excessive consumption of
carbohydrates, specifically sugar in all forms, grains, potatoes.

> the Average American consumes the same cholesterol contained in 53
> slices of bacon every single day in their milk and dairy.  A 52-year-old
> will have consumed the equivalent of 1 million slices of bacon worth of
> cholesterol.

Cholesterol is NOT my concern. I eat 1 - 2 dozen eggs per day. I am not
worried about ingesting cholesterol. As far as I know my cholesterol does
not go up when I eat like that.

> Calcium in milk does not work.  25 million American women have been
> consuming greater than 2 pounds of milk and dairy products every day for
> 50 years.  The nations with the highest rates of osteoporosis are
> Denmark, Holland, Norway and Sweden!  They also consume the most milk
> per capita.

I am not eating dairies for calcium. If I get any from them, that's fine.

> However, the worst thing in milk, cheese butter and yogurt is a hormone
> called insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I).  Bovine IGF-I and human
> IGF-I are identical, each contain 70 amino acids in the same gene
> sequence!
>
> MILK IS A HORM0NAL DELIVERY SYSTEM!!!

Ahh, here we are getting somewhere. What is the harm in IGF-I in dairies?
How much of it are we getting? Is it naturally present there or added
by producers? If naturally present then why are we worried about
eating dairies and not worried about meat and all other animal products
that contains naturally present hormones? Are dairies specifically
rich in this one hormone and it's very dangerous? If it's not naturally
present then will eating organic dairies eliminate the problem?

What about my little list of questions? Answers to them would really
clear things up in my mind.