NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen R <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 17:50:12 -0400
Re: Stefanie's charges who are allergic to milk & sugar &...(what was the
other?)

Are they sensitive to any kind of sugar, as in hypoglycemia, or are they
sensitive to a particular type of sugar, such as an allergy
to something used in processing of cane sugar?

If they mustn't have processed sugar, there are lots of options for making
treats with other sweeteners, such as maple syrup or molasses.  I have
made divinity (which is quite light as a snack) using maple syrup and it
was very good.

If they can't have any kind of sugar, I'd stick with carrot sticks and a nice
dip.  Check with their mom before you give them fruit or anything like
that.