NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:41:59 -0400
"Harshad M. Parekh" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Can you tell which brand name powder you use and is it 100% dairy free
>and all natural produt? We have 3 dinners which has heavy cream powder,
>which we want to make vegan(dairy free).

Heavy cream is going to have more fat than any substitute, so you are going
to have to experiment with adding some sort of oil. Good luck. As for the
various substitutes being all natural, that can be debated, due to the
looseness of the word in food labeling uses.

But you best bet for learning about milk substitutes is the Milk Substitute
FAQ that I compiled for the Celiac List. It includes opinions, phone
numbers, and often ingredient lists. And all are gluten-free, so you won't
compromise that aspect of your dinners. To retrieve, send in the command
GET NO-MILK MILKALT, and send to the [log in to unmask] address
(not to the list).

Don.