NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 02:51:50 -0400
On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Paula Clark wrote:

> Hi everyone.  I found Soymage cheese last week and my son (5) loves it.  It
> didn't melt but he still liked it.  It contains no milk proteins and its
> marked pareve.  8 onces ran us around $2.50 ouch!!  He tried the mozerella.
>  I think their are several varieties but not all are free of milk
> proteins...so becareful!!  It also comes in cheddar and sliced cheeses.

I used to use that...especially on pizza.  The cheddar was edible, but the
mozzeralla was more like eating an eraser.  It would also burn before it
melted...the cheddar would at least melt a little.  After using it for a
year or so, I went back to just making cheeseless pizza with extra sauce
to hold the toppings on.  Later, I found that I could use goat and sheep
cheeses, with no apparent reactions.

I remember there was also a jalapeno flavor...but not liking spicey
things, I never tried it.

 Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |