NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
richard horne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 1997 01:21:41 GMT
>Having problems with calcium supplements sounds like a completely different
>problem altogether.  What exactly is in these supplements?  Have you tried
>Tums?
>
>Just a note to give some information on calcium supplements. My 6 year old had
been taking Calcium Sandoz for many years but this past fall had to change to
"Life" brand (Canadian) calcium supplements as the manufacturer of the Sandoz
brand changed the ingredients a little and increased the sorbitol in it.
Sorbitol and NutraSweet and Saccharin contain lactose in them. My daughter
can't
even drink diet pop with them in it or it makes her sick since she is
allergic to all milk ingredients. We found out about the changes by talking
with the
pharmacist (who we know well) and he called the makers of Sandoz and checked
why
so many of his patients were having problems all of a sudden. It just didn't
make sense for the suppliers to change this medicine since it is given to
people
with milk allergies to supplement their calcium. Probably can make it
cheaper this way though. Hope this helps you. It might help if you are not
in Canada to
talk with your regular pharmacist about this problem.

Chris Horne