NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Hazel and Ray Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 08:08:10 -0800
Re: substitutes for milk/chocolate foods.

I have come across a company called "A & J Specialty Foods" they are the
distributers for a company in Ajax, Ontario. This company is called
Simply Yummy. The man who runs this company has anaphylaxis in his
family and the people who run A & J's also have someone who is
anaphylactic, so they really understand the concept of allergies. They
sell cookie dough and muffin mix that is scoop and bake where there is
guarranteed to be no milk, eggs, peanuts, or nuts in the mix. Those
ingredients are not even allowed in the plant where they make it - not
even in the employees lunches. They have very strict standards. They
also sell some chocolate chips that have no milk at all it them and they
are really good. I give them to my daugher Ashley (anaphylactic to milk)
and she can eat them but prefers not to have chocolate. But she loves
the cookies. The Sherriff company that I previously told everyone about
also makes muffin mixes that have no milk and are also run on their own
line. These items are great for kids because they look (NORMAL) and the
other kids don't know the difference therefore no teasing.

Thankfully our school has their policy in place therefore they are
teaching the children in Ashleys class to better understand her allergy
and they all have accepted it and they also watch out for her. They are
aware of which obvious things contain milk and say Ashley can't eat that
it will make her sick. With help from the schools children will
understand better therefore there will be less teasing.

If anyone wants more info on any of these topics please feel free to
email me. I don't want to take to much room on the site on this. Just
figured that you should know.

Hazel Green
"It only takes one bite!"