Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 17:02:15 -0500

<<I was in NYC recently and
came across the product. I am very sensitive to lactose thanks to long
untreated CD, but a small cup of Alpha-1 gave me no problems. Most frozen
desserts out there tend to be heavy on lactose or contain more obvious
sources of gluten-- I was happy to find something that seemed relatively
harmless! Now if we could just be sure...

Erik F.>>

I hate to be a downer on this product as I think it tastes amazing and is as
close to ice cream or frozen yogurt that I seem to be able to get to with the
lactose problem- but I will be honest and say I react to this product withing
1 hour- I assume it is a gluten thing or perhaps still a slight amount of
lactose issue. I too would love to see a test done on this product because if
it is just a lactose issue, I would pop a couple of lactiad and hope for the
best. They have the most incredible flavors and it is so ruch and creamy and
satisfying.

My only savour seems to be another product that I have come across that seems
to be OK and gives me no reaction. I have tried to reach the company many a
time and have gotten no reply- but it's so good I can't help myself- It is
Sharon's Coconut Sorbet-
the ingredients are: Cocnut Milk, Cocnut Cream, Water, Cane SUgar, Coconut
SHreds, Natural Stabilizers (*Locust Bean Gum?, *Lecithin?)
Anyone have any info on this item?
Please send a private e-mail to [log in to unmask]
Also, if anyone knows of gf sprinkles (preferably chocolate- I would be
forever grateful :)
Leslie-NYC