From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 1996 00:10:18 EST

I just want you to know that my eye and gut doctors have assured me that I
have an inflammation in my eye, and not Sjogren's Syndrome (S/S).  Prescribed
drops seems to be helping this! The GI doctor said that only 3% of celiacs
have it.  I'm certainly relieved.  All's not lost, as I've learned from your

 For your interest, of the respondents, one has been definitely diagnosed with
S/S, and almost all the others have indicated they have dry eyes and are
taking drops for them. One recommended preservative-free eye drops.  Another
one had her tear ducts cauterized (for dry eyes) and take over-the-counter eye
drops.  One advised against long-term use of dry-eye drops.   There is a test
for Sjogren's which the eye doctor does with strips of chemically treated
paper which are inserted under the lower eyelids to check for tear production
or lack of it.

Thank you for your wonderful support!

Merry Christmas!

Mildred Oberkotter, NYC