From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 15:31:34 EST

Recently, I looked up a holistic MD using alternative health therapies.  After
reviewing my recent health events (heart attack due to a blood clot, celiac
diagnosis, uterine fibroids, as well as carotid plaque and osteoporosis) of
this year, he believes I have impeded blood flow and recommended chelation
therapy.  He believes in the patient being fully informed before coommencing
any treatment, which is what I liked about him!  He gave me two books on
chelation to read.  These books are straightforward on the rationale of
chelation therapy vs heart bypasses and other medical procedures.  I am
considering doing it.

However, I am wondering if having celiac has any impact on chelating or vice
versa.  Are any one of you familiar with it?  Any experience with it?  I'd
appreciate your responses!

  One part of a book  caught my eye, which I thought might interest you.  It
says an imbalance of calcium and magnesium (nutrients) may cause a arterial
spasm, thus forming blood clots.  I'm stating it in a simplistic way, there's
much to say on this concept!

Prior to my heart attack in Jan. and celiac diagnosis in Feb, my health had
been very good other than some infrequent digestive discomfort.  I am now
wondering if my calcium and magnesium balance had been upset due to CD
malabsorption.  Thus leading to this arterial spasm and clot formation.  I'm
doing some research in this area, and any thoughts you may offer would be much
appreciated.

Mildred Oberkotter, NYC