From:
Uri Markus - The Write Connecti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 14:25:25 +0200

Dear Listmates:

Quite a number of you had asked me for the list of Israeli products
that are GF and exported to the US. I sent it to a number of you and
then accidently erased all the copies from my HD. Can some kind
individual please send me a copy, assuming anyone saved it? Thanks.

I got official news today that actually next week the new Gluten
Labeling Law actually goes into effect. Food companies here had 1 year
to change their labeling format to state if gluten is in the
ingredients. Companies can also list their products as specifically
Gluten-Free if they are produced on dedicated lines are are free from
the possibility of x-contamination. This is indeed a great step forward
for celiacs in recognition of the disease.

I also got word from the Osem company that their new soup (also
exported to the US) called "North African Style Vegetable Soup" from
the "Just Like Home Made" series of soups does *not* contain gluten.
The package says that it goes well with couscous, but we all know that
couscous is a no-no. I'm sure fluffy rice would make a great
substitute. Great! Another addition to our diet!

Osem is planning to put out a new catalogue of GF foods within 6
months. When I get it, I will list the new products. I have been
assured that what they have already determined as GF will stay GF and
ingredients will not be substituted.

I promise - I will send recipies for Passover, as soon as I can.

Thanks for reading,

Sharon Marcus