From:
Amy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 13:35:52 +0000

I wrote to FlavTek, a flavoring and fragrance company on the 'net, and
asked about what malt flavoring is and whether it has contact with
derivatives of all our "evil" grains (Wheat, oats, barley and rye). This
is the response I received. Hope it helps.

From: "Daniel Yang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 15:31:25 Pacific Standard Time

Most malt flavors, especially natural malt flavor, have one of the four
ingredients you mention; however artificial malt flavor, without any of the
four ingredients, can be made -- we don't have a standard product because
there has not been much request for it.

Regards,
Dan